Childbirth, Different Types of Childbirth and Delivery Methods
Definition of birth :
Childbirth is the process of leaving the fetus from the mother’s intestines to life and ends with pregnancy. In the final weeks of pregnancy, the pregnant woman experiences uterine contractions accompanied by fatigue, inability to concentrate, weight and lack of energy. The weight of the fetus increases in the ninth month of pregnancy by three kilograms and is covered by a layer of fat to maintain it. During this period, an ultrasound examination, prenatal weight test, and so on is to be prepared to join the outside world.
Birth is defined as the process by which the uterus is ejaculated into the fetus and placenta outside the body.
There are three types of delivery, and the doctor determines in which way the birth of each woman is appropriate.
Types of delivery :
1- Normal birth :
It is the most common type of childbirth. They have scientifically defined: the output is automatic through a natural birth canal.
And remains a female demand is important and the goal of every doctor is smart because they achieve maternity in a natural way provided that this is not at the expense of the mother or the fetus.
Advantages of natural birth :
- Are less in medical risk and material cost.
- Keep women for a shorter period in hospital. To resume a normal life in a fast period.
Sings of normal birth:
- Basin capacity. And the size of the appropriate fetus.
- The ability of the uterus and women to have children later naturally.
- No complications.
- The doctor’s efficiency and experience, and therefore the use of cesarean section.
2- Natural Birth water :
It is a natural birth in a basin containing water up to a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius, and this reduces the feeling of pressure to the mother and provides the fetus to exit at a temperature similar to the amniotic fluid, and is born in water in two ways either birth within the basin, or by entering the water in the stage In labor and at the descent of the fetus, the mother completes the birth outside the water basin.
The advantage of water birth :
- Pain in the mother is reduced significantly more than painkillers and medications.
- It is a new and comfortable way that women love and love to go through the process of childbirth.
- The risk rate at that birth may be lower than other types of births.
3- Cesarean delivery :
This type of birth is used by the mother when the normal childbirth fails either due to the mother’s condition that does not allow it or the size of the uterus if the fetus does not hear of it, or the fetus’s position may not be normal.
In these cases, the mother turns to cesarean section, and some women are afraid of normal childbirth and resort to cesarean delivery.
The disadvantages of Cesarean section :
The disadvantages of Cesarean section are manifold and much more than normal delivery and therefore are only recommended when normal delivery fails.
These disadvantages are:
- The heartbeat stops abruptly from anesthesia if you take a wrong dose of it.
- The occurrence of shortness of breath in the fetus.
- There may be hypoglycemia of the fetus in the blood glucose level.
- The need to relax for a long time may extend to a month of rest on the bed until the stitches fuse fully.
However, you should consider choosing a specialist anesthesiologist because anesthesia is one of the most dangerous things for the mother and the fetus at the same time.
Anesthesia may be taken completely and the mother will feel nothing until after the birth process has been completed enough, either to have local anesthesia at the place of the procedure and the mother does not sleep during the operation but does not feel pain.
4- Assisted delivery :
It is done as a natural delivery, but with the help of aids such as fetal suction apparatus or forceps. And the doctor resorts to her in special cases. The proportion of deliveries delivered by birth is 5-20%.
Causes of assisted delivery :
- If the condition of the fetus is not good.
- If the amount of oxygen reaching the fetus is insufficient.
- If the mother is very tired and has no ability to pay.
- If the fetal head status is abnormal.
- There may be some effect on the child after the use of peat or the hood in childbirth.